CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I went for a walk (day 9)

Today Ethan and I played this morning inside, and outside, he watched a little movie while I got our stuff packed up so that tomorrow we can take a 6 hour bus ride to a new location for a couple days (I don't know where we are going or I would tell you!) Then J'lien got back early and I got some time off! 

So I went for a walk...

I walked and looked 
I walked and listened
I walked without my ipod on 
I walked and for the first time liked not having my phone
I walked till I could not walk anymore then I turned around
I walked the other direction 
I walked and looked at people
I walked and took in the smells
I walked and took in the sounds
I walked and took in the sights
I walked into stores 
I walked and thought to myself
I walk by myself
I walked and did not talk
I walked and felt blessed 
I walked tried to figure out how to help people
I walked and realized it's good to live in America 
I walked and walked into stores and had people stop to help me
I walked and wished more people would feel blessed for what they have 
I walked and saw trash every where
I walked and breathed in bad bad air
I walked and saw people selling stuff on the street to try and make some money
I walked and saw ambulance go by with sirens on and cars not move
I walked and took it all in and boy was there a lot to take in
I walked and had creepy men whistle at me
I walked and had people ask for money
I walked for my own good
I walked and it felt good 
I walked

And that was my afternoon and I feel so much better after I walked, but I also feel bad because nobody should live like these people do and some of these people are way better off then others and they still have nothing. Feel blessed for what you have little or big because it is more then most. That is my lesson of the day.

0 comments: